The following documentations are complementary to the RocketPy’s documentation. They are intended to provide a more in-depth explanation of the theory behind RocketPy’s code. Also, it helps the contributors to documente the hypothesis and assumptions made in their code.
- Equations of Motion v0
- Notes on the .rst file format version
- Velocity, Angular Velocity, and Reference Frame Transformation
- Procedure to Derive the Equations of Motion
- Application of Kane’s Equation of Motion
- Application of Reynolds Transport Theorem
- Preparing Equations for Simulation
- State-Space Representation
- Equations of Motion v1
- Elliptical Fins
- Roll Moment
This section is still a work in progress, however, and not everything is documented yet. If you have any questions, please contact the maintainers of RocketPy.